Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smoke alarms, approx fitting costs

On 18/03/18 23:46, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 21:24:17 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 18/03/2018 21:12, ss wrote:

In addition, there will be a 10-year age limit for alarms and all
alarms will have to be ceiling-mounted, and should be
interlinked.".........

As they have to be interlinked do they also have to be mains powered?

I couldn't find any non mains powered interlinked ones when I last
looked. I had seen some before, eventually put in the (ELV) wiring, then
couldn't find them again.

I ended up rewiring for mains ones, using 6243Y.

Here you go Bob:

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/ei-radio...-ei600-series/