Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shockproof? Really?

Gunner Asch on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 04:55:26 -0700
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 20:56:53 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 18:58:16 -0700
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 07:40:56 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Hmmm - now that's a novel idea - selling a drill with the dowels.

I bought the kits eons ago, then made my own centering device.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/General-...1014/205585492
They came with brad point bits, so they don't drift so easily. Trying
to fit 2 boards together with imprecisely drilled dowel holes is like
herding cats. Jus tain't possible.

Hence the reason I had for wanting a long auger bit. The need for
through holes on two 3" inch boards.

Who needs auger bits? What sizes and how long? I have a..few.

I do. I'm not sure what sizes. I have other things "in the way"
that need doing first.
Like finding where I stashed the table saw.
--
pyotr filipivich

Let me know what sizes and Ill dig em out.

Will do.
--
pyotr filipivich