Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Smoke alarms, approx fitting costs

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 23:39:27 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 18/03/2018 23:20, ss wrote:
On 18/03/2018 21:24, alan_m wrote:
In addition, there will be a 10-year age limit for alarms and all
alarms will have to be ceiling-mounted, and should be
interlinked.".........

As they have to be interlinked do they also have to be mains powered?

I dont know, I am only asking as I am writing to my MP asking how he
expects those that can ill afford to pay for the installation.

If battery operated how is the Scottish Parliament going to ensure that
the majority of these alarms will not be useless after a few years when
those who cannot be bothered at present to fit them will not be bothered
to replace the batteries?

How is the Scottish Parliament going to police this policy?

According to no lesser source than the Metro, enforcement will take
place at point of sale. Unless the fire system is compliant, no Home
Report will be issued, thereby preventing sale of the property.