Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Smoke alarms, approx fitting costs

On 19/03/2018 11:30, wrote:
On Sunday, 18 March 2018 21:12:54 UTC, ss wrote:
Below is going to be made law in Scotland, I already have alarms so they
can fekc off!
However thinking of some old dear on a state pension or someone on
benefits what would be an approx cost to get an electrician to fit as below.

Some Scottish electrians are quite excited by the proposal:

https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...otland.139314/

Perhaps they have been lobbying. Electrical work in a kitchen - lots of
money!

Judging by the cold calls that used to be left on my answerphone
suggesting that any gas boiler installed before a certain date was
illegal and to avoid possible prosecution I should immediately call for
a quote I guess this will start an avalanche of similar calls in
Scotland threatening possible legal action for not having
"professionally" installed smoke alarms.

If smoke alarms become a legal requirement are the house/contents
insurance companies going to insist on proof the systems are properly
installed AMD maintained? This may rule out DIY and ad-hoc installation
by your fire brigade.