Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Smoke alarms, approx fitting costs

On 19/03/2018 11:45, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:17:06 +0000, alan_m wrote:

My experience with 10-year lithium batteries in smoke alarms is that
they don't last 10 years - more like 5.

... and Duracell "Procell" 9 Volt batteries last about 4 years, at a fraction of
the cost...

Thomas Prufer

It may depend on the smoke detector type. I have some optical smoke
detectors and use fresh Duracell Industrial PP3 (they re-branded Procell
to Industrial a few years back). I put date stickers on my alarms on a
battery change and all the alarms I have all start chirping after 14
months (I replaced all my alarms, 5 off, at the same time).

My alarms are the same type as BigClive dismantled in this Youtube video
(Note whats IN the box is not what is described ON the box)