Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Stairlift maitenance.

Most of these companies try to make these pay just like selling and
installing them. Obviously there are other people who can do the job. Are
you suggesting that they will only supply genuine spares to their own
engineers, I think that is restrictive practices and used to be against the
law.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 18/03/2018 22:53, Chris Holford wrote:
An elderly friend has an Acorn stair lift. Acorn keep giving their
maintenance plan the hard sell. It costs over £400 a year; mind you they
charge £185 for a call out. These figures seem very high to me.
Is it worth getting the maintenance plan?
Are there independent people who can service stair lifts?
-any comments or experience?

We use a local firm who sell and maintain stairlifts. The call-out is £30
+ VAT.

Everything about Acorn is a rip IMO.

Bill