Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry Osage[_2_] Jerry Osage[_2_] is offline

Default Building Square Walls On New Construction Sill Plates

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 17:34:36 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/17/18 2:11 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 03/17/2018 02:07 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
f*he's*a*professional*framer,*then*he's*already*th ought*of*my*suggestion.
It*shouldn't*take*two*framing*carpenters*any*longe r*to*do*what*I
described*than*it*took*me*to*type*it.**:-)****Seriously.

I dunno about that. You have to take it up, tack it in place, measure,
take it down, cut, remove the top, and install it. That's a lot of steps.

Right. A LOT fewer steps than trying to measure each stud.

You said he was a pro. With an inexperienced helper, it would be done
in an hour, tops. This is something a professional framer would've
figured out by intuition.

I gave you a really good solution to the problem. I'd be setting
trusses by now. :-)

Is this guy a missionary, by chance?

This is starting to sound like a Troll.

Solution presented -- Yes, but...

Another solution presented -- Yes, but...

The guy wants to use a Chop Saw with a Laser Rangefinder and he stated
three questions:
Questions:

1) Do distance finders allow offsets like that to be dialed in?
2) Is there a better/faster/smarter way to do this?
3) Is there already a tooling system for just this problem?

It appears that any answer to question 2 is invalid unless it addresses
the Chop Saw and a laser rangefinder.
--

Jerry O.