Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

In article , charles
writes
In article , Martin
wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 11:00:52 +0000, Andrew

On 17/03/18 14:51, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:27:48 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article , Cursitor Doom
wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 12:32:54 +0000, GB wrote:

You seem to be pleased these guys are out of work.

Maybe he's just pleased that a company that can't compete without
state aid will no longer be a burden on the taxpayer's teat?

Remind us how much taxpayer's money is going to go into Hinkley
Point? And care to guess how much the costs will overrun by? And how
much electricity consumers will be subsidising its cost through
higher charges?

Rather less than is going into renewables, that's for sure, and it'll
last a deal sight longer.

And generate a **** sight more electricity

Possibly. One day. If it ever gets completed, since the evidence of it's
siblings in France and Finland doesn't look hopeful.

Why can't we just build some more like Sizewell ?.

because the engineers who built it have all retired and Mrs T decided we
didn't need to train engineers anymore. I watched a BBC TV programme
about Sunderland where they were building a road bridge, which had been
towed from Belgium on a raft. I assume UK can't build bridges any more
too?

It can, but maybe with trans-EU tendering, the others were cheaper. Think
of that bridge between Denmark & Sweden - that was UK designed.

We *still* haven't caught on to the tendering tricks to ensure it goes
to a home country company?
--
bert