Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Levels and a level

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:11:00 +0000, David wrote:

Am I in a minority in being unable to set an accurate horizontal level
against a vertical surface like a wall using a spirit level?

There seems to be a degree(?) of variance between just touching and just
past the line for the bubble which seems to be beyond my ability to
discriminate.

Fall back is measuring up the wall from a flat surface.

A laser level might help (if I can get the level level, so to speak,
which comes back to the original problem).

What do the experts do?

Cheapest self leveling level is
https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-pll1p-line-laser-level/7879g
Same price from Screwfix and Amazon.

However this seems to project a point and not a line.

Are there ones which project a line - that is set up a foot or so from the
wall on a tripod, self levels, then displays a horizontal line along the
wall so you can mark up points along the line.

I assume with the Bosch one above you mark a point then swing the level
and mark another point.

I note the flexible wall holder but I'm not sure how that fixes to a wall.

Cheers

Dave R

---