Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Building Square Walls On New Construction Sill Plates

On 3/18/2018 1:00 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/17/2018 1:17 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 03/17/2018 10:34 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Knock 'em down and start over.

That's a nice theory but the real world does not operate that way.

Um, yes it does.Â* I don't believe a foundation should deviate nearly as
much as what your neighbor is stuck with.Â* My parents 40 year old home
had a foundation deviation of about 1" from the front back 65' to the back.

In this case, the location is very remote and you get what you get.

That makes no sense at all.Â* So the problem is he could not afford or
chose not to have some one come in that knows how to do it correctly.

I keep wondering where's the GC or foreman to ensure the forms are level
_before_ the pour (or more usefully after layout) and who the end
customer is who's willing to ante up for inferior work routinely?

It's pretty rural here and there's no such thing as not expecting
quality workmanship, even on footings for barns, tool or hay sheds, or
the like; what more actual framed construction.

Makes no sense to me either to just have this as a routine problem; how
much does it take to run a level and build forms between points, anyways???

Like once if asked to frame in a homeowner self-contracted place once,
well, ok, but routinely for a large volume production builder???? No
way that makes any sense at all no matter where it is.