Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk[_3_] Tim Daneliuk[_3_] is offline

Default Building Square Walls On New Construction Sill Plates

On 03/17/2018 11:40 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
1) You say "large". How large is large? Are we talking a 4000
square foot house or are we talking an airship hangar? Do you have
the approximate dimensions?

I think it's in the 4-6000 sqft range but there are many projects
during the year, so I can't say with certainty.

2) The foundation isn't level. How far out of level is it?

I am told he sees foundations that routinely are off several inches
from true level.

3) Is it flat and just down at one end or is it out of flat as well
and if so how much?

Not sure.

I think I shouldn't have mentioned this specific application because it's
kind of derailed the conversation. My larger interest was in coming
up with a cheap/effective way to measure cut length on a chop saw while
standing only at the saw itself.