Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Public Bathroom questions

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 20:06:06 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 17:36:55 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 02:29:30 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/16/2018 08:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/16/2018 7:53 AM, Frank wrote:

There are signs in the toilets at some of our National Parks
illustrating that standing on the seat and squatting is not the
proper technique.

Soldier returning from Iraq told me the Iraqis were ruining their
porta potties because they stood on them.

More common than most people think. Orientals also do that.

Maybe that was the target audience at Yellowstone. There were
busloads
of East Asians with their selfie sticks. I do have to say they did
walk
down the trails and so forth instead of jumping out of the car,
taking a
picture, and driving on like the Anglos.

Better to use a selfie stick than make the classic mistake of
photographing yourself in a mirror, hence you get a photo of your
phone!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...g-pic-w212677/

Are you serious? "Ooh Ahh point"? Is that what she said as she fell?
And she works at Yelp? Is that what she did when she stopped falling?

I don't think she was using a selfie stick but when I was there last
fall

Last fall? (titter)

there were plenty of people posing on the edge of cliffs. Bryce
Canyon also had a bunch.

I wouldn't want to be tasked with retrieving the body. It's not like
you
can stroll along the base of the cliffs. There are two trails going
down
from the rim but they are about ten miles apart.

There will be billions spent on risk assessments and fences now, just
because of one clumsy fool.

Oddly no. The US isn't quite the complete nanny state yet. There are
fences at the popular vista points but otherwise you're free to kill
yourself if you so desire. The first time I was at the Grand Canyon was
in the '50s and that hasn't changed. My mother would climb out on ledges
while my father and I observed from a safe distance.

The same goes for wildlife. If you're stupid enough to try to pet the
bison at Yellowstone that's your problem. There are several incidents
every year, some fatal, when some idiot mistakes nature for DisneyWorld.

Considering the number of visitors there have been remarkably few
fatalities at the Grand Canyon. I don't think Hillary Clinton has ever
visited. One of her little falling spells would save the Democrats a lot
of problems with her pleasant way of alienating voters.

But don't the relatives of the dead sue the owners of the park? I mean
if a ****wit woman can sue for spilling hot coffee (like coffee would be
cold) on her vagina, while driving (which she shouldn't have been
doing), then why not?

Right. Suing the National Park Service would work out really well.

https://www.nationalparkstraveler.or...rk-service8977

I can't find any updates but I doubt it will get any further than the
first attempt. The Park Service is attempting to evict the goats.

I've met goats on trails and have had to have a short discussion about
who was getting out of the way. The goat elected to detour. Had he not
he might have met an untimely death.