Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Bunnings (again)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 11:25:36 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 00:47:06 +0000, Johnny B Good wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 16:37:17 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

====snip====

Split pins, grommets, springs, small spatlas (100), small syringes
(100)

I'm guessing you meant "spatulas" rather than "spatlas". I guess the
'U'
key must have ducked out of the way when you typed that. :-)

It does that!

The 'A', 'S' and 'D' keys oft-times seem to be playing 'Whack-a-Mole'
with me. I've become so habituated to seeing the result that I'm
automatically double checking they haven't won yet again so I can put
them in their place.

I do 'proof read' my stuff before hitting 'send' (admittedly more out of
vanity than to expunge typos - however, why not put such a 'sin' to a
useful purpose, eh?) but the less typos to start with, the better. I'll
find more than enough typos without the 'Whack-a-Mole' errors adding to
the "fun 'n' games" of attempting to knock out yet another 'perfect'
Usenet missive. :-(

Despite my "Vanity", I still spot the odd missing word or two *only*
*when* it comes back to haunt me after sending my erudite follow ups.
Them I'm forced to accept that I'm 'Not Perfect' after all and think,
"**** it! It's too late now. What's done is done, the context should
rescue the meaning anyway.", consoling myself with the thought that I'm
not alone in suffering this particular affliction.

Apologies for this OT introspection over the (impossible) art of writing
perfect Usenet postings.

--
Johnny B Good