Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Microwave repair

On 13/03/2018 11:39, Brian Reay wrote:
On 12/03/18 11:39, Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

That said I expect to be able to get at the turntable motor/gearbox
without going near the "active" end ... any other gotchas?

Oh, and how universal are the "so called" universal motors?

They tend to be the larger motors sometimes used in washing machines.
The motors used to drive turn tables in uwaves (and water pumps in
washing machines and dishwashers) are small, AC, motors.

Synchronous? Is that why the turntable on my Daewoo sometimes goes one
way; sometimes the other? (And no, it's not a fault.) Electric clocks
sometimes had a mechanism to ensure they went the right way.

My Grandmother had a clock built in to a large mirror perminently
screwed onto the lounge wall. There was no accesable connector, but it
was wired to its own fuse in the massive metal fuse-box.
The clock was self-starting, but it was 50/50 if it went in the right
direction. As it didn't have a second hand, if there was a power
interruption, you had to wait until you could perceeve some movement
of the second hand and pull the fuse breifly if it was going
backwards.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%