Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Say Good Bye to the Hitachi Name

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 2:56:13 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 3/16/2018 10:49 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:

Wah!Â* I can't afford Festool!Â* Good grief, they're not comparable at
all.

I bought myself a belt/disk sander for Christmas on sale for $80.
That's my idea of fun.Â* : )Â* If it turns out I really use it, I can
always upgrade it.

And that is kind of an expensive sander.Â* If you really use it?Â* Why buy
it if you do not have a use for it?

Come spring, when I unpack it I will learn better what it can, or
perhaps cannot, do. I hope my 6" disk sander can do some of the things
that you use your 12" disk sander for. If the belt works on metal, that
will be nice. Along with the tool will come the learning...try to buy
"learning" anywhere these days for $80! ; )

At $80, one of the things that you might learn is that it's pretty easy to
stall. DAMHIKT