Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Say Good Bye to the Hitachi Name

On 3/16/2018 10:49 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:

Wah!Â* I can't afford Festool!Â* Good grief, they're not comparable at
all.

I bought myself a belt/disk sander for Christmas on sale for $80.
That's my idea of fun.Â* : )Â* If it turns out I really use it, I can
always upgrade it.

And that is kind of an expensive sander. If you really use it? Why buy
it if you do not have a use for it?

Unfortunately almost all of us have bought a neat tool, because it was
cool, and then never use it.

;~) I have one of those belt/disk sanders too, it was given to me.
Because I mostly build furniture it is way too small to be useful. I do
have a 12" disk sander that is great for smoothing convex curves,
rounding corners, and shortening Domino tenons to name a few. Oh and
also putting the round profile on the drawer pulls that I make.