Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default Public Bathroom questions

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 20:48:07 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:48:47 -0000, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Fri 16 Mar 2018 07:34:14a, Ed Pawlowski told us...

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:11:16 -0000, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 3/16/2018 7:53 AM, Frank wrote:

There are signs in the toilets at some of our National Parks
illustrating that standing on the seat and squatting is not
the proper technique.

Soldier returning from Iraq told me the Iraqis were ruining
their porta potties because they stood on them.

More common than most people think.* Orientals also do that.

Strengthens the thighs and buttocks?
Fear of catching something?
Seems a weird practice.

Seems they grew up squatting and they have to in order to go.
OTOH, they sell a stool for your feet to help people get into more
of a legs up position as it is supposed to help you evacuate
better.

Yes, it's common in some countries to find a hole in the bathroom
floor instead of a toilet.* Many non-natives would probably fall on
their ass if they tried to use that.

What happens when they get old and their legs are too weak to squat for
a long time?

They use these......
https://www.wired.com/2015/03/exoske...earable-chair/

Looks rather like someone inventing a solution for a problem that
doesn't exist.

Many inventions are for problems that don't exist. It's all about
laziness and those who capitalize on it.