Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Pedestrian bridge collapse

On 3/16/2018 1:06 PM, Sue Yerasses wrote:

Maybe if America spent more on engineers and less on lawyers you could
achieve buildings that stay up.

Sadly, it's the fear of litigation that keeps engineers somewhat honest.

I'm not so sure about our current crop of engineers. I had a retired
classmate retire as a civil engineer and teach part time in a community
college. They would not let him flunk anybody and he quit. Another
friend was a state highway department engineer who retired but was
retained as a consultant. It appears younger engineers were not cutting
it. A lot of politicization appears to be involved even in engineering
not to mention science.