Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Isolation transformer in place of a GFCI

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 12:34:00 PM UTC-4, Terry Schwartz wrote:
I envisioned an LED system with a healthy sized gel battery.... charging would take place when the system is disconnected. With the right battery you could probably run such a light string all summer and only need to charge it a few times. With a solar array, never.

Of course solar power doesn't work at night, and you don't need lights during the day.

(the moon is much more important than the sun. It gives us light at night, when we actually need it.)