Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bunnings (again)

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 22:34:41 UTC, Steve Walker wrote:
On 14/03/2018 18:31, Scott M wrote:
tim... wrote:

They all have a broken model IMHO

Inherently: They have actual shops.

I went into our local one yesterday on a whim for the second time (about
8 million staff working) as they stock air tool bits and I fancied an
amble.

Now, I rarely go into shops these days and I actually felt so
overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff they did have that it occurred
to me that browsing web sites and catalogues suits me far better for
planning and buying for projects that the loss of the "go and poke and
prod" isn't much of a problem.

I did buy a 1/4" PCL male fitting for under £2 so it wasn't all bad.

For most things I prefer an actual shop where I can go and look at what
I want and, when I find the right item, can pay and walk away with it.

Online is good for many things, but you cannot feel the build quality,
measure unlisted dimensions or even properly judge colours online. Plus
you then have to wait for delivery; often miss it and have to wait
again; then find that it is not suitable, have to return it and start
over again.

Or like myself a while back: We needed a tumble dryer ugently after ours
broke (middle of a very rainy period, with 3 children, each who could
need one or more items of school uniform washing, drying and ironing in
the few free hours between getting home and us going to bed).

Found what we wanted, checked stock, ordered for next day delivery.
Phone call that night - only one in stock damaged, no replacement. Next
morning phone office to cancel only to be told they have plenty in
stock. Rearrange for next day. Call at 07:30 to say they haven't. Call
office to cancel, told they are in stock, inform them otherwise, get
them to cancel. Money will be back into account in 5 working days.

Find same item in stock at Boots online. Order. Receive confirmation of
order- hmmm, looks familiar. Boots online use same out of stock
supplier! Cancel again. Money will be back into account in 5 working days..

Drive to a shop, with my trailer, buy and take away there and then.

Loads of hassle and, for a while, almost £1000 out of my account, plus
days of delay. Arggggh!

SteveW

To think you could have solved all that with a £15 fan.

NT