Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How's this quote for a dormer re-roof?

Hi all
The roof of a dormer window is completely shot and leaking badly so needs
redoing. I got a local roofing company in to quote for redoing using
fibreglass (I've used them before and I rate them). Bit surprised at the
figure though - 1200 GBP all in. That includes scaffolding which I'm told
is necessary. Also; they wanted to do the job with a forward-tilting roof
and guttering installed; but because this is a period property I want it
doing as is, ie matching the other (original) dormers; that is, built with
no gutters and the roof tilting rearwards towards the tiles.

Picture he
https://imgur.com/a/LRF22

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a breakdown of costs by
scaffolding/materials/labour; but before I do, what does the panel reckon
to the 1200 GBP figure?

Thanks
David