Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default LED wattage

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 09:45:30 +0000, Scott wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:39:53 +0000, Scott
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:50:43 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Can I take it that where a lamp or shade states a maximum wattage, this
is for incandescent bulbs and any LED will be okay (on the basis that
LEDs use so much less power), or is the light intensity likely to be an
issue liable to cause fading?

As a development in this sage, I tried to buy three e14 to b22
converters to allow me a better choice of bulbs.

The order is shown as 'awaiting fulfillment', the phone number on the
website is invalid, HMRC say the VAT number is now deregistered and
TrustPilot reviews are nearly all one star - terrible. Has anyone
encountered Easybulb / Gigateq LImited in Manchester?

And yes, I know I should have done this research earlier - caveat
emptor.

Problem solved. I now have a full refund but no explanation.

The important thing here, is that your money was refunded. I wouldn't be
too concerned as to the 'why' of the refund; just be grateful that you
*got* a refund at all and move on.

As I've already mentioned, the main benefit of better efficiency LED GLS
lamps is their ability to provide more light without overheating. Those
cheap Poundland 6W 470/510 lumens lamps run cool enough to survive to
their claimed hours lifetime rating so are useful in cases where its "40W
incandescent equivalent" of lighting suffices.

However, I'd steer clear of the Golfball version since it lacks
sufficient surface area to keep the LEDs cool enough to last more than a
few weeks in a ceiling batten fitting. Likewise, steer clear of the 5W
candle lamps and buy the 3W version instead (assuming the 220Lm suffices,
eg bedroom wall light or a five or six lamp chandelier).

--
Johnny B Good