Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Say Good Bye to the Hitachi Name

On 3/14/2018 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:57:44 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/14/2018 12:18 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:02:42 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/14/2018 10:01 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/14/18 9:24 AM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...5c6e ecb92632

Interesting!Â*Â* I've always been intrigued by the Metabo brand.
Funny that Hitachi buys the company for name recognition, but folks in
the US (for the most part) have never heard of Metabo but everyone knows
Hitachi.Â*Â* Apparently, they want more of the Euro market.

Yes very interesting. But my thoughts, I have known about Metabo,
probably longer than Festool. I knew it was an upper end brand, German
IIRC. IMHO Hitachi has always been a good value tool but again IMHO did
not ever have unique features, other then their tools looking a lot like
a fancy design tennis shoe. Perhaps, like you said, they want to profit
more from Euro sales of Metabo products. Hopefully the Hitachi built
tools with the Metabo name plate will retain the same quality and
features that the Metabo brand has offered in the past. One might
imagine that Hitachi hopes to boost sales with the Metabo name plate
here in the US.

Unless they market more of their tools here, I don't see that
happening. I wouldn't buy a Metabo nailer unless there was a wide
variety of other tools for sale right next to it.

It seems most major cities, at least in Texas, has a Metabo service
center. There are multiple on-line sources, including Amazon, that sell
their products. Looking at their web page they offer, a variety of
drills, grinders, track saws, vacs, etc.

I've seen nowhere that I can actually touch one. Festools are
"everywhere".

No, That will be the rub, they may not be available to touch until the
Hitachi tools have the new name plate. ;~) I remember when Festool was
pretty much the same, about 11~12 years ago.