Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3D printing a concrete house?

On 14/03/18 15:12, GB wrote:
It's economics, innit? Of the total cost of a house, the cost of a
brickie is a tiny part. For example, the cost of the bricks laid in a
day is typically several times the cost of the brickie.

Crap. When I built my house the general spilt was 1/3rd material 2/3rds
labour.

The brickies cost up to 5 times as much as the bricks they lay, even
including the mortar. Same goes for render even moree so - its ALL
labour and even slapping on weatherboard is not that quick.

Only when you are fitting out a house does the materials cost exceed the
labour cost.

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain