Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3D printing a concrete house?

On 13/03/18 19:27, David wrote:
At the moment I'm trying to work out how this stacks up against a
traditional block build using brickies.

As far as I know the main constraint to speed of build is the time it
takes for the mortar to go off. You can only lay so many rows of blocks or
bricks before you have to leave it alone to cure.

Having watched brickies I would say they spend 25% of the time doing
nothing productive, 25% moving materials from where te truck left them
to where they nmeed them, 40% of the time laying out the strings and 10%
of the time actually laying courses.