Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing copper HW tank.

On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 19:54:02 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:

I replaced my hot water tank with one that came covered with 2" of foam
which I then painted. Much better than the previous jacket. I like
having an immersion heater as a backup in case my boiler is not working.

My similar foamed tank is in the integral garage and I wondered
if there was any point in adding any extra insulation? There
isn't a lot of clearance, but I suppose I might drape something
over the top similar to the old jackets.

Chris

If it's in a cupboard the space can be packed with junk insulation, avoiding any flex feeding he immersion. If no cupboard it's easy to construct a flimsy outer wrap that can be stuffed with insulating junk, or apply roll insulation & tie.

NT