Posted to alt.home.repair
Robb Dabbs Robb Dabbs is offline

Default extension cord 12 gauge 75 ft vs 100 ft for lawn mower

replying to jeff_wisnia, Robb Dabbs wrote:
When we bought an older home it had only 1 outlet. I back-wired 8
weatherproof outlet boxe around he perimeter of the house, each controlled by
an GFCI indoor outlet. I also laid buried cable to a new outdoor shed so that
we had protected wiring and lighting.. All these outlets were very convenient
when needed for outdoor tools, as well as a source for low-voltage lighting
transformers. You can use shorter extension cords if you have conveniently
located outlets.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-378572-.htm