Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Microwave repair

On 13/03/2018 11:33, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 11:03:54 UTC, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave writes:
On Monday, 12 March 2018 20:40:37 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 12/03/2018 11:38, Andy Burns wrote:
While warming up the cup of coffee I'd forgotten to drink, I stood ther=
e=20
noticing the slight break-up on the bluetooth speaker that's right next=
=20
to the microwave ... until I noticed something else, the damned=20
turntable is no longer going round.
=20
Can turn the spindle by hand, and tell that it's quite highly geared,=
=20
it's an 8 year old stainless Neff.=C2=A0 Since it's built-in and was=20
difficult to find one to fit, I'd prefer to repair rather than replace.
=20
I realise the dangers from the capacitor until discharged, and the=20
beryllium oxide bits, and presume that making sure it's well and truly=
=20
back together before powering it back on avoids any trouble from=20
tripping the interlocks.
=20
That said I expect to be able to get at the turntable motor/gearbox=20
without going near the "active" end ... any other gotchas?
=20
=20
=20
Then discharge the cap.
=20
There are several videos on YouTube that show you how to safely do this.
=20
You might need to buy a resistor etc

Apprentices and/or students can be used :-)

I think they only work once.

Well better than them not working at all ever, anyway what's the problem when you have plenty

Indeed.

--
Adam