Andrew Barnes

Default Problem with lining paper joins

"stuart noble" wrote in message

Andrew Barnes wrote in message
.. .
About 6 months ago I lined the walls of our spare bedroom with lining

paper
and painted with matt emulsion. After a few weeks I noticed the joins
between the paper on one of the interior walls (partition type) were

opening
up. I duly filled them and repainted. However, they keep reappearing.

Every
4 weeks or so I have to fill and paint. The gaps are only about 1/2 mm,

but
are very noticeable. Any ideas what is going on and how to stop the gaps
opening up?

Is this gaps increasing or just the edges of the paper lifting? Probably
difficult to tell at sub 1mm but I'd suggest lifting the paper gently with

scraper, and using a pva glue. Use a fine abrasive to get rid of the
previous filler and try again, preferably with a fine surface filler.

No problem with the adhesive, edges aren't lifting, just the gaps.

Think i'll wait till they get big & fill!

Cheers