Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Leaving a CH System Drained

On 13/03/2018 08:04, RJH wrote:
How long is it 'safe' to leave a system drained?

I drained the sealed 12 radiator combi system down completely yesterday,
isolating only the boiler, meaning to add a radiator and replace a
couple of others. However, the job has taken longer than I planned, and
work/drinking commitments mean I've not got that much time. I could lash
it all back together this evening, but that wouldn't get the jobs
finished how I'd like.

Would leaving it until Friday present a high risk of corrosion etc?

A few days will be fine. Weeks or months might cause more of a problem.

--
Cheers,

John.