Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
does it? The Toyota Priapus gets worse combined cycle mpg than a
straight engine.

Even for city driving?

The only thing that counts in the real world is total miles per total
fuel consumed. Splitting it up into bits is of little utility.

So you'd say a car well suited for high speed motorway use will also be
just fine for use in heavy town traffic? And the other way round?

A car suitable for a lot of motorway miles, will generally also be fine
around town, but the opposite is often not true. In our house I have the
large family car, do all the motorway mileage and most family mileage,
but also most town journeys. My wife's small car is fine for her nipping
here and there, but very tiring on a motorway drive and useless for a
week's shopping for a family of five.

Steve, I was referring to MPG.

An blatant lie. At least that's a more honorable approach than your norm.