Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Replacing copper HW tank.

On 12/03/2018 16:21, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 12:54:13 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:38:40 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:
The thought of mains-pressure HW does seem a little scary. And I don't really like
over-complicated things (which is why we still have the 30 year old boiler).

The tank suppliers require the tank pressure to be below some maximum
figure, 3 bar in our case, controlled with a pressure reducer, so it
doesn't necessarily run at mains pressure.
http://www.jouleuk.co.uk/product/inl...-group-valves/

But we also have a reducer on the incoming mains. I don't know what
it's set to, it has no gauge (but that is due to be remedied!).

There is also an expansion vessel on the DHW, as well as one on the
CH.

TBH, if when making the decision to stick with a new conventional
vented system or go unvented, I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't
have changed. By all means replace the tank if you think it needs it,
but leave all else alone. IIABDFI.

In comparison, I made the change and am very pleased with the (massive)
improvement in performance...

It really all depends on the circumstances...

--
Cheers,

John.