Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Netflix OT

tim... wrote:

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
Tim Lamb wrote:
OT for this group but....

Youngest daughter has signed up for Netflix or whatever and is
apparently allowed to sign up 3? friends for free.

OK so far?

Wife got halfway through *The Crown* well hooked:-) and the system
froze: happily downloads episodes up to where she got but no more.

I suspect this is a marketing ploy but you may know different?

My experience with netflix was that I could login using my sons
details - not a separate account - and even create a different profile
for viewing preferences. We were both on the same wifi network and
hence ip address, and even watching different media at the same time
but I've also heard of others doing the same thing from different
addresses.

This worked reliably over a long period not just an introductory bonus.

My son dropped his subscription about a year ago as he got free Amazon
prime as a student deal so we not longer use netflix.

but aren't they fundamentally different offerings

It's not like saying "we no longer shop in Tesco because Sainsbury's is
more convenient"

isn't it "We no longer have to buy apples because we buy oranges"

tim

I never really looked at either in detail tbh.

My nose is in my laptop most of the time.