Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Magnetic CH cleaners

On 12/03/2018 20:05, alan_m wrote:
On 12/03/2018 19:00, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/03/2018 09:25, ARW wrote:
Well it sort of worked

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:CHcleaner.jpg

And for anyone who cannot see it's a magnetic cleaner so full of the
crud that it has collected that it has split open.

Slightly OT, but I thought it was possible use a Magnaclean (or
similar) to put inhibitor into a system?

I can't find any youtube videos of anyone doing this.

Referring to the generic magnetic filters rather than any one
manufacturer....
Some models have a drain valve allowing you to empty the container which
then you can refill with any CH chemical. Other models don't have this
drain valve but you can syphon the water from the filter container. The
latter models tend to be shorter in length for fitting in smaller spaces.
The CH chemicals will then get circulated around the system when you
re-assemble the filter, release the isolating valves and run the CH
system as normal.

I understand that is the principle, but surprised it's little advertised
for the DIYer.

You can also get inhibitor concentrate that makes dosing that much easier.