Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Replacing copper HW tank.

On 12/03/2018 10:54, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Now that the weather is warming up, I'm considering replacing our HW
storage tank (it's about 30 years old, and is getting a bit crusty
around some of the pipe connectors).Â* Before I do, I suppose I ought to
ask if (in everyone's opinion) I should just replace it like-for-like?
Or is there some other direction I ought to be heading in, like
mains-pressure hot water, or just using instant hot-water taps
everywhere instead?Â* Or something else?

The new tank is likely to come with a integral foam insulation jacket so
if replacing like with like capacity wise you may need more space for
the new tank.