Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

dennis@home wrote:
On 12/03/2018 10:13, Mark Allread wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 19:18:04 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message , "dennis@home"
writes
On 11/03/2018 10:22, Andrew wrote:
On 11/03/2018 09:20, wrote:
Â* Stamping hard on diesels would of course very much set back the
possible future clean efficient diesel engine.
Ford had lean-burn petrol engines all ready for production, but
canned them when the EU decided that diesel was the 'future'.

They canned them because they couldn't meet the emissions laws while CAT
equipped cars could.

165 now 166 posts and no one has mentioned ADBLUE!

Possibly because none of the contributors so far have a EuroVI diesel?
or maybe they think that ****ing into the tank will give the correct mix
of water and urea

I have a euro vi diesel, it doesn't have adblue.

Or at least it isn't mentioned in the manual and I don't see anywhere to
put it.

Generally only bigger engines or higher output variations of smaller
engines that require it.

It obviously costs more to fit and manufacturers will continue to bend over
backwards NOT to fit anything that isnt essential. My wifes 150bhp 2L
diesel has it.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls