Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
My father had a Morris Minor in the early 50s which averaged over 50
mpg in the time he had it -about 3 years. And being a salesman with a
company car didn't exactly drive it with economy in mind. True there
was less traffic then, but then roads had more corners etc.

and it had 1/10th the output power. Efficiency has risen greatly.

How much 'power' do you think an early '50s MM had - and how much 'power'
do you think a modern equivalent has? This could prove very interesting...

Oh - and why do you seem to think power is linked to efficiency?

ISTR that my Anglia's engine 1200cc was supposed to deliver about 80bhp
(60kW) .

Think it would have been lucky to produce 60 bhp, probably nearer 50.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls