Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Microwave repair

Interestingly, a friends light went out in the microwave and the turntable
stopped as well, apparently in that case both work off a low voltage and the
fuse had merely blown when the bulb died.
Still nobody said these were not made to a price!

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

how universal are the "so called" universal motors?

AIUI the only universal thing about them is that they could work on AC
or DC

Wouldn't a synchronous motor have "some difficulty" running on DC?

which is unlikely to be an available choice in the context. Just
a kind of brush using motor.

The phrasing of "universal microwave motor" rather than "microwave
universal motor" implies to me more about what it's intended to fit,
that how it works internally, but interested to hear other opinions ...

OIC, a totally dfferent animal! (In my defence, you did say 'universal
motor'.)

--

Roger Hayter