Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

In article ,
wrote:
Cars over the years have got much larger and heavier.
And have lots more toys which also consume power. All of this means more
fuel is needed for a given job.

in fact they use less fuel for the job. This is very basic stuff.

If you really think things like air-con don't use fuel, I'll have to lump
you in with Turnip. ;-)

Also, wide tyres and the larger heavier bodywork and trim etc all
contribute to increasing fuel consumption over what it could be. Just as
well engine efficiency has improved a bit too.

--
*If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.