Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Water softener systems

On 12/03/2018 11:48, Roger Hayter wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

On 12/03/2018 11:25, GB wrote:
On 12/03/2018 11:01, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

We're hard water but leaving water in lead pipe for only 30 minutes was
long enough to take lead content above maximum recommended level.

Do you drink that water?

Does it show?

When I had a lead service pipe, we used to run off a few gallons in the
morning, and perhaps again if it had stood for a long time. For
obvious public policy reasons, the water boards do not give this advice.

The waterboard checked the water not long after we moved into the
property in 1999 (business & living in the flat above)
I queried lead pipes with them at the time and they advised drawing off
water first thing. I think at that time the lead on their test was 11
not 10 so still a fail but I think it was tested during the day rather
than first draw. Always made a habit of running off the water before
using it for human consumption though.