Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 2nd Amendment Scoreboard

On 3/11/2018 12:59 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:43:24 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Funny that these gun rights people ignore the part about the militia's
purpose being to "suppress insurrection". The constitution says nothing
about overthrowing tyrants.

When James Madison compiled the 2nd Amendment, it was from laws in
each Colony. They expected their laws to be part of the forming of
the United States.

If you prefer not to arm yourself, protect your family and neighbors
from tyrants at the front door don't buy a ****ing gun. In fact take
locks off your doors or better yet, take the doors off and let us know
how that works out.

More tools for me. Molon labe!

The fact is, if you own a gun, the chances are higher that it will be
used in the death of you, someone in your family, or someone you know
than be used to shoot a criminal. I have survived my whole life without
a firearm, and I've never even known anyone who has ever used a gun for
self defense outside the military or police work. I did know one couple
where their gun was pulled out in anger, resulting in the police being
called to deal with the situation. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need
one in my house.