Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool Autopsy -- The Sorted Truth Behind the Legend

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 16:26:08 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/11/2018 1:42 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On 3/3/2018 7:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
This guys is hilarious!? Lots of videos like this.
Take it with a grain of salt and a sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezp-_DcUgg

part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mo2L_jFKmc

Wow, those two videos make me soooo happy I bought the Grizzly track
saw system instead of the obscenely overpriced festooly with its
cheapo bronze bushings and pinched wires etc. My workhorse Grizz
is a finely crafted, all ball-bearing BEAST that has served me
very well with near daily jobsite usage.

So it was going to be bottom end or top end when you bought? Makita,
DeWalt, Bosch , Triton were not on your radar?

Not to feed the troll further but the available accessories and even
aftermarket compatible accessories matter too, as does dust
collection. IMO, Festool was the clear winner when they're taken into
account.