Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Makita 55" track saw with a tail

Electric Comet on Sat, 10 Mar 2018
10:05:16 -0800 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Friday, 9 Mar 2018 21:45:11 wrote:

This saw gets a lot of bad reviews on the Home Depot web site. I
might be able to get a good deal

no experience with the saw but experience with shills giving bad
reviews to the competition

the whole track saw thing just seems like a solution to an operator
problem or lack of skill with a circular saw

which is ok as it is a real problem but with practice and a worm
drive or hypoid clean straight cuts are possible with practice

I have said, of many skills, if I was doing this 30 to 40 hours a
week, I could learn it. I'm not, so who do I ask to learn this?

and you can always get a clamping straight edge and save yourself
money and not need another piece of equipment

Sounds smart too.
--
pyotr filipivich