Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Magnetic CH cleaners

On 11/03/2018 10:11, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 10:04:13 +0000, GB
wrote:

On 11/03/2018 09:25, ARW wrote:
Well it sort of worked

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:CHcleaner.jpg

And for anyone who cannot see it's a magnetic cleaner so full of the
crud that it has collected that it has split open.

I'm somewhat perplexed by that. The only one I have ever opened up has a
magnetic stick enclosed in plastic, and the central heating water swirls
round the outside of the magnet. Just like that one in the photo, except
that the plastic protecting the magnet on mine had not split open.

Also perplexed. It suggests that whatever was attracted to the magnet
has subsequently swelled. I can only think that initially it collected
a lot of iron swarf, filings or whatever, that subsequently oxidised,
with the resulting increase in volume.

TBH I have not had a lot to do with them.

I was actually at the job sorting out the outside lights that were
tripping and found this

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:CHcleaner2.jpg

in the garage and the plumber forwarded me the other photo.

I just thought it would make a change from Brexit posts.

--
Adam