Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 09:01:02 UTC, RJH wrote:
On 10/03/2018 20:14, Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* charles wrote:

Just because VAG fiddled some tests shouldn't make all diesels pariahs.
I've been a diesel car driver since 1990.

All the measurements made in city centres say diesels are the main source
of harmful pollutants. CO2 not being regarded as a harmful pollutant in
this case.

London in the 1970s was a polluted chokefest of dirty grossness.

London today feels to me like fresh Aspen air.

Try Poplar at rush hour! But larger particulate pollution has gone down.
The concern is over the rise in smaller particles.

You're probably right, though - it's going to take a lot more premature
deaths over many years before anything is actually done.

Engines are getting steadily more efficient, meaning less junk per mile, so things are being done. I think everyone would like car technology to progress faster, but such is life. It has come a long way, and I look forward to it going a long way again. Stamping hard on diesels would of course very much set back the possible future clean efficient diesel engine.

NT