Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

On 11/03/18 06:48, Tim+ wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On 10/03/18 22:11, Tim+ wrote:

No link, just the evidence of my own eyes. Considering the proportion of
diesels now fitted with DPFs, visibly black exhausts ought to be
disappearing fast. This is definitely not the case.

None of mine do that.

The owner is generally the last person to know though. Its not easy to
watch your own exhaust when youre hoofing it.

I have neverseen a BMW diesl or Freeelabnder of that engine smoking.

In fact its very rare to see any turbodiesel smoking: with a turbo you
always have enough air to fully burn the mixture. And any exhaust carbon
can be burnt up quite easily or filtered out.

NOx is a different matter.

Tim

Mark Twain