Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Torch - Cree - Ultrafire 14500

wrote:
On Saturday, 10 March 2018 14:35:27 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
No idea what the strobe function is for. Super torch, though.

I've always assumed it was for if you're stranded on a mountain and need
to show a light to indicate your position to rescuers, the strobe is more
eye-catching and uses less battery than continuous illumination.

One of our Led torches has a fourth mode where the flashes get emitted as
the Morse S O S signal.

I have found that useful in the Local on a Sunday night when the staffing
drops to one millennial lass serving
between two bars to attract her attention through the interconnecting arch
around the corner from which
she is holding court with hopeful young Males.
In Summer I take my own counter Bell.

GH