Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you have a diesel car, look out.

On 10/03/18 20:14, Tim Watts wrote:
I do wonder if the goalposts are being moved unnecessarily quickly... No
objection to the idea of moving towards cleaner cities - but is it
necessary to move in a state of blind panic?

Remember - it was Blair's government that was telling us to buy diesels.
If you wnat to change the balance, tell the manufacturers, load the VED
for *new* vehicles, encourage in the direction you want to go with time
to adapt.

Do not suddenly say "oh, we've decided this is crap, you all can get rid
of the cars that last week we were telling to you buy"

Bless. You didnt think this was actually about cleaner air did you?

VAG car sales are down!

The German car workers pensions are in danger!

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching