Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Torch - Cree - Ultrafire 14500

On 10/03/2018 17:04, Huge wrote:
On 2018-03-10, Chris Green wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Damn - just found a review on Youtube and realise that it has a "Strobe
Function" The review confirms the battery is ok.

My Lidl one has that. Full, half power and strobe, by cycling the on/off
button. No idea what the strobe function is for. Super torch, though.

Does anyone else find these two or three mode torches incredibly
annoying as they nearly always use a single button to sequence through
the modes. I want a torch that turns on with one click and turns off
with the next click.

Yes, me. WTF use is the "flashing" mode?

Cyclists like to mount them on the front of the bike - mor "eye
catching" than a static light...

(and perhaps means you can crash in stop motion ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.