Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Does anyone use ANSYS FEA?

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 22:51:14 +0000 (UTC), Hul Tytus
wrote:

Ed - I've no info for you regarding the ansys fea, but if you
do install it, I'd certainly like to hear how you liked it.

Hul

Ed Huntress wrote:
Does anyone here use the (free) ANSYS Acadmeic/Student edition? I
down'oaded the sucker (almost 4GB) but I haven't installed it yet.

It's an industry standard for FEA, but I'm wary of installing that
monster if it's difficult or crippled.

--
Ed Huntress

OK, Phil. I'll give a report. If you check out their website, you'll
see there are three student versions. I'll start with the newest and
simplest one, "Discovery Live Student." It includes their new 3D CAD
component.

https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products

--
Ed Huntress